BOILER HOUSE SAFETY AUDITS
BOILER SAFETY AUDITS
CONCERNED ABOUT STUDENTS’ SAFETY IN YOUR SCHOOL SYSTEM?
YOU SHOULD BE!
Many states and localities do NOT have a mandated boiler safety inspection and testing program. Please read the article (see link below) to see what could happen, or worse, in your school or facility.
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) has developed a boiler safety code entitled Controls and Safety Devices – 1 (CSD – 1). This is a boiler safety and inspection code which applies to boilers of less than 300 Boiler Horsepower (BHP). While it is a good code, the problem is that many states and local jurisdictions have not adopted it. In some cases, even though the Code has been adopted, periodic safety inspections have not been mandated, especially in schools.
There are other codes which apply to larger boilers as well as codes which regulate natural gas systems and fuel oil systems. We provide complete boiler house safety audits including combustion and safety system testing, safety control function testing, and piping system and auxiliary equipment inspections.
A competent and thorough boiler house / room safety audit will:
- Provide a complete boiler house safety inspection and audit including combustion and safety system testing, safety control function testing, and piping system and auxiliary equipment inspections.
- Help prevent / avoid future boiler accidents.
- Help operators, technicians, engineers, management, and / or school administrators better understand and become more comfortable with equipment, processes, and operations.
- Help to maintain continuous, dependable utility plant operations and minimize unplanned downtime and expense.
- Help save lives and avoid potential injuries and subsequent litigation.
We will, upon request, provide customized inspection and testing to meet your organization’s individual needs. Please call us for a quote.
7400 Brown Road
Ostrander Ohio 43061